Sunday, September 20, 2009

Cougar funeral

The BYU cougars died Saturday, their BCS bowl game hopes that is. I am in mourning. This was supposed to be the year. I have been so depressed that it has taken me until Sunday night to write because I've been so depressed that I've been curled up in my bed and crying until now. Well, almost. But I have been pretty depressed. I have tried optimism. Saying that at least it was a loss early in the season. Or at least we beat Oklahoma, or that at least Utah lost too. But none of this really gives me any consolation. I went into this season just hoping for a Mountain West Conference title. I didn't want to make the same mistake that I made last year by expecting to much out of my team. But when they beat Oklahoma all of that BCS potential was restored and along with it high expectations. The absolute best thing in Sports is when you have a underdog team do amazing, and unexpected things. But with that comes the opposite, and that is to have a very very good team lose to an underdog.
So like the rest of BYU nation I am feeling really really Blue, (Cougar Blue that is) .

No comments:

Post a Comment